About Central Library: The Central Library & Information Centre with a built area of about 3500 sq.ft. has a collection of about 5000 books including journals, CD ROMS, E-Resources. It has a reading room and internet facility. Book Bank facility is also provided to the economically backward students. The library is managed by the librarian and the library staff.
General Information about the Library
Name of the Library : The Central Library & Information Centre
System of the Library : Open Access System
Working Hours of the Library : All Working Days, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
The Library remains closed on Sundays and other authorized holidays.
The last hour of every working day is used for office work and ordinarily no transaction takes place at this time.
Main Section of the Library
1. Reception Counter
2. Reading Hall
3. Internet Section
4. Periodical Section
5. Career Corner
6. E-Learning Section
7. Circulation Section
8. Book Shelves
9. Reference Section
10. Reprography Section
Service Provided by the Library
1. Reading Room Service
2. Periodical Service
3. Reprographic Service
4. Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
5. Digital Collection
6. News paper Indexing
7. Internet Browsing
8. Book Bank
9. E-mail Service
11. Reference and Information Service
12. Library Orientation
13. Current Awareness Service
14. SDI Service
Available Print Documents in the Library
1. Text Books
2. Reference Books: Encyclopedia, Dictionary, Thesaurus, Yearbook, Guidebook, Maps, Atlas, Directory, Books for Competitive Exam etc.
3. Other Books: Book on Games and Sports, Books on Films, Music, Religious Book, Biography, Autobiography etc.
4. Thesis and Dissertation
5. Question Papers
7. Popular Magazine
8. News Papers
Available Non Print Documents
7. National Library and Information Services infrastructure for Scholarly Content (N-LIST): N-LIST is college component of the UGC-INFONET Digital Library Consortium (formerly funded by the MHRD under its National Mission on Education through ICT). The N-LIST programme provides access to more than 6000+ e-journals (with back files for 10 years) and 97,000+ e-books. To access the resources, kindly click on http://nlist.inflibnet.ac.in and give your user id and password.
Other Special Facilities
3. LCD Projector
4. CCTV Camera
6. Book Bank
7. Remedial Course
8. Entry into Service
9. User Orientation Programme
10. Career Corner.
Statistics of the Library
Total No. of Books: 5000
Bound Periodicals: 40
Thesis & Dissertation: 10
Average Users: 200 P/D
a) Every admitted student by submitting the money receipt at the library counter can collect his/her library card. The reader’s card remains valid up to the filling up of forms for the examination.
b) All the students should clear their dues and collect a No Due Certificate from the librarian before the filling-up forms.
c) A maximum number of two books shall be issued to a student and he/she can retain the books for a maximum period of two weeks or 15 days.
d) The same must be returned on the due date. Failing which a fine of Rs 2/- per book will be levied for every overdue day.
e) At the time of issuing books, the student is advised to check the pages, if there is any damage or mutilation of pages found, it should be brought to the notice of the librarian instantly.
f) The principal reserves the right to recall any book at any time.
g) In case of loss of any book or part thereof shall have to be replaced by the borrower or double the cost of the book may be deposited.
Library Membership Form
Kindly click here to know more about the Library Staff